While becoming a singer remains a dream for many, a few do achieve it and even fewer of them get to be at the top of the list where they have it all: Name, Fame and Money. The industry is not easy and there always remains a week-to-week cut-throat competition to top the charts every week. At the end of the day there is only one who gets to top the charts. These are the numbers that bring in the money. Let’s take a look at the highest paid male singers:
10) Garth Brooks: The net worth of Garth Brooks is $350 million. He is probably the most commercially successful artist in country music history and a man who changed the Nashville sound as much as any who came before or after him. The singer made country cool on a national level with shows that were as alive and rowdy as rock concerts
9) Michael Jackson: Even after death, the pop star’s net worth is probably more than many alive singers. His songs like ‘Beat It’, ‘Thriller’, ‘The Way You Make Me Feel’ are still heard in the bars and discos. The King of Pop earned $50 million a year through the 1980s and 1990s.
8) Jimmy Buffett: With an estimated net worth $400 million, Buffett has been drawing his faithful Parrotheads and their battery-powered margarita blenders to amphitheaters every summer since 1976.
7) Sir Elton Hercules John: Sir Elton John has an estimated net worth of $450 million. In 2011, Elton John, 67, formed a new music company called the Rocket Music Entertainment Group and the following year he launched Rocket Sports Management.
6) Jay-Z: The rap-star’s net worth is $475 million. His songs and collaborations are always at the top of the charts. He is married to one of the most influential lady on the planet. Life could not be better for Jay-Z.
5) Sean “Diddy” Combs: With a net worth of $550 million, he was ranked the most paid singer by Forbes in 2017. The major highlight of his career will always his role in ushering in hip-hop’s late-1990s “jiggy” era via Bad Boy Entertainment.
4) Bing Crosby: The man who sang “I haven’t had time to be a millionaire” was worth $550 million. Crosby ranked among the 10 richest Americans in the 1930s—before he sang “White Christmas” and became one of the biggest movie stars of the ‘40s.
3) Bono: No surprises here, the lead singer of U2 has an estimated net worth of $600 million. The soulful lyrics by the band, the soothing music and the hard work they put into their careers all paid off for the band.
2) Paul McCartney: Worth $800 million, Paul McCartney is the most successful composer and recording artist of all time. The English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer. He gained worldwide fame as the bass guitarist and singer for the rock band the Beatles.
1) Andrew Lloyd Webber: With a net worth of whopping $1.2 billion, Andrew Lloyd Webster earned his net worth through the composition of 13 musicals, a set of variations, a couple of film scores and a Latin Requiem Mass and has been one of the most commercially successful musical composers of all times.